About your Search

20120925
20121003
Search Results 0 to 6 of about 7 (some duplicates have been removed)
action. however, that was before israeli prime minister benjamin netanyahu spoke to the u.n. general assembly a short time ago complete with a unique visual aid. nbc's mike viqueira joins us live from the white house. mike, mr. netanyahu today said he's in ongoing discussion with the u.s. over exactly when and where to draw this so-called red line. mike, has anyone at the white house confirmed or denied that to you? >> reporter: no, the last we heard is no deadlines, no red lines. this has been an ongoing controversy. it bubbled up again a couple weeks ago and prime minister netanyahu once again called for a red line. as u.n. speeches go, there's nikita chew she have, yasser arafat, wile a lot of people have been deriding this prop that prime minister netanyahu is using today as sort of a cartoon initial roadrunner and coyote sort of cartoonish bomb he used as a prop, it's a deadly serious issue. there are some things the united states and prime minister netanyahu agree on, and this is iran is enriching uranium. they both agree that iran cannot be allowed to develop a nuclear bomb. w
on the run inside the country, half of them children according to the u.n. and expected by the end of this year, some 700,000 people will have fled to neighboring countries and become refugees. it's in this climate that we entered syria. we went as you said with the syrian -- the free syrian army and we passed through the checkpoint we noticed they very much wanted to let it be known they were in charge. their flags were flying, they were in charge of the checkpoint. as we went with them towards aleppo, we saw bread lines, massive numbers of tanks, disabled tanks that were left over from the government, and we also say lots of bombed out buildings, so we saw lots of damage. what's happening is this free syrian army is in charge of pockets of land and they're trying to hold on to it. as we got closer to aleppo, andrea, we saw air strikes. we saw the evidence of air strikes not too far away and we met up with a commander of some 2500 soldiers, rebels essenti essential essentially, fighting under him in aleppo and he talked about -- he was complaining about the use of aerial strikes b
an -- taping ed soap of "the view" instead of holding meetings with the world leaders in the u.n. >> top democrats today defended the president noting it's important to get the facts before jumping to conclusions. >> it was fortunate early on in the process that the candidate tried to exploit tragedy for the political purposes. >> top democrat had a major role today circulated a bipartisan letter demanding more answers on the attack in libya, including if there were advanced warnings. separately al-qaeda subject today escaping from prison in deadly break that may be difficult to continue this boast on the campaign trail -- >> al-qaeda is on the path to defeat. bin laden is dead. >> senator kerry's involvement makes it awkward because he is playing mitt romney in the president debate prep. they had several sessions already but he is heading to nevada for practice ahead of wednesday's debate. >> bret: ed henry live on the north lawn. we'll have a detailed timeline on the libya story. at the bottom of the hour. they have moved chemical weapons to secure them. the syrian rebels are trying to
university law school, n.y.u. 98% of the people, let's just say 2%, maybe high-level targets, that leaves 98%, the vast majority, who are they? overwhelmingly civilians, and here is president obama. i don't think president bush would have been able to get away with this. people would have risen up around the country. but president obama, who was elected by the anti-war movement, because he was opposed to the war in iraq, hillary clinton, his democratic opponent in the primaries was for the war. i actually think that's the reason president obama is president today. that was the main difference. hillary clinton was not able to let go of the war in iraq, was not willing to say that perhaps she was wrong in voting for it till the very end when she saw she was going down. but here now president bush has inherited the war in afghanistan and continued it, and these drone wars are terrorizing populations. i encourage everyone to look at this report, "living under drones," or go to democracynow.org and see our interview. in pakistan, the people are terrorized. i'm talking about the civilian populatio
Search Results 0 to 6 of about 7 (some duplicates have been removed)